1. Chinese mainland ranks first in COVID-19 performance index: survey
Chinese mainland citizens were largely satisfied with their own government's COVID-19 crisis response, while citizens in Western countries felt their governments did poorly, according to the findings of a global survey released on Wednesday.
2. Country backs WHO probe into virus origin
The Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday that China stands ready to continue close cooperation with the World Health Organization to find the origin of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, but it firmly opposes any political manipulation under the guise of an investigation of its origin.
3. China rolls out practical measures to guarantee employment
The Chinese central government and local governments have taken frequent, prompt and practical measures to stabilize and guarantee employment in order to overcome the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
4. Mobilization to aid Wuhan during time of outbreak called crucial
China has unique institutional advantages when it comes to social mobilization, said Jiao Yahui, an official with the National Health Commission. Such advantages ensured the government could send more than 42,000 medical workers from all over the country to Wuhan and turn public hospitals in the city into designated hospitals for COVID-19 in the shortest time to solve the pressing problem of medical resource shortages, Jiao said
5. China to join WHO global initiative against pandemic
The initiative was announced last month to accelerate the development, production, and equitable distribution of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics for COVID-19.
6. Exclusive: U.S. drafts rule to allow Huawei and U.S. firms to work together on 5G standards – sources
The U.S. Department of Commerce is close to signing off on a new rule that would allow U.S. companies to work with China’s Huawei Technologies on setting standards for next generation 5G networks, people familiar with the matter said.
7. US experts refute lab theory
Experts from the World Health Organization and the United States, including intelligence analysts, have contested some US politicians' claims that the novel coronavirus originated in a Chinese research laboratory.
8. Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored
Dr. Rick Bright, the ousted director of the office involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine, formally filed an extensive whistleblower complaint Tuesday alleging his early warnings about the coronavirus were ignored and that his caution at a treatment favored by President Donald Trump led to his removal.
9. Yale epidemiologist says U.S. response to coronavirus "close to genocide by default"
10. Politicizing coronavirus waste of time in pandemic battle
As the novel coronavirus rages on worldwide, politicizing the outbreak won't eliminate the virus. Instead, this global fight demands collaboration.
11. U.S. politicians reveal their cold-bloodedness in pandemic response
Viruses are common enemies of human beings and the COVID-19 pandemic poses common challenges for all countries. It is a humane and just act for countries to do their best to help others in the pandemic while maintaining strict prevention and control policies at home.
12. Political goals hid under U.S. speculations on China’s COVID-19 statistics
China has always taken people’s lives as the top priority in the sudden outbreak of the novel coronavirus pneumonia, trying its best to improve the cure rate and lower mortality to save the life of every patient. Many Chinese lost their lives due to the major pandemic, which placed the nation into deep lament.